Head of CRM - NFL (Hammersmith or Leeds based)
Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom /
Marketing & PR – Marketing /
Are you a senior retention / CRM strategist with a passion for NFL and an understanding of what it means to be an international Football fan (not soccer J)? Have you delivered exceptional results from retention / CRM in a commercial or sports right holder context? Do you have a passion for both the science (data & decisioning) and art (creating emotional connections) of CRM? If so, we may have the perfect role for you.
DAZN is fast becoming the world’s leading sports platform, streaming the most exciting events on the planet, telling the incredible stories behind the sports and allowing fans to get closer to their favourite teams and stars. We live to serve the sports fan – liberating them from the restrictions of legacy technology and business models – allowing them to enjoy their favourite sports whenever, wherever and however they want.
DAZN has recently established our new Channels business, with the NFL as the first partner (of which we expect their to be many). This capability allows rights holders to access our cutting edge technology and allows our customers to bundle additional content into their existing subscription OR allow new customers interested in just one sport to subscribe via DAZN. We are growing at breakneck speed with millions of paying customers across 200 countries. Our next goal is to become the world’s largest sports broadcaster and one of the biggest entertainment services on the planet. We know that growth really starts with keeping our existing customers engaged and retained.
We are looking for an exceptional retention strategist who is ready to lead our new partnership with the NFL from a CRM data and creative strategy perspective, maximising the impact of our CRM activities, leading to increased platform engagement, reduced churn, and increased subscriber tenure and LTV. Your role will be to collaborate with the NFL marketing and consumer teams, DAZN central strategic team and market specific DAZN retention teams to develop and execute our Global NFL business strategy leveraging CRM. You will continuously focus on test and learn, leveraging our vast data and insight capabilities to touch our customers in ways that create emotional connections that lead to platform and content engagement. You will have visibility of all NFL programs across all markets and act to ensure testing is co-ordinated and effective and learnings are implemented across all markets.
This role will be based in Hammersmith. Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events
As our new Head of CRM you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Play a key role in driving joint revenue targets collaborating with DAZN marketing, strategy & commercial teams centrally and in larger markets and with the NFL.
- Lead the implementation of all CRM activities for the NFL Gamepass International channel on DAZN for all our Global markets in order to grow the base of paying and auto-renewing subscribers.
- Lead the execution of our CRM creative & brand direction in collaboration with the DAZN marketing and NFL marketing team, creating emotional connections with our audiences.
- Collaborate with central retention strategy to build out our customer lifecycle strategy for NFL, we have built lots of journeys and there is more to come, your role will be to bring it to the NFL and adapt where necessary.
- Drive season on season retention in order to grow the base of NFL Gamepass International customers subscribed on the DAZN platform.
- Grow the game internationally through effective CRM and retention programs and tactics, particularly by driving high volumes of acquisition to the free NFL SKU via database growth programs and initiatives (in addition to paid channel subscribers).
- Lead weekly / monthly / quarterly CRM performance review with the DAZN internal teams and our partners at the NFL.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Extensive experience in CRM strategy experience in subscription businesses and / or at a sports right holder(s)
- Passion for the NFL, with a deep understanding of what it means to be a fan, ideally in an international context.
- Excellence in stakeholder management. DAZN, is a multinational matrix organisation and you will be expected to influence the decisions of senior leaders in each market and across the NFL.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment.
- Open-minded, flexible attitude and have a positive attitude toward new challenges, with a willingness to learn, embrace new technologies and business change.
- You’ll bring strong problem-solving skills, along with an ability to manage a focussed workload, to tight deadlines.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in Sports rights holder, SVOD, OTT, digital or telecommunications industries.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.