Community Development Lead (EMEA)
EMEA - Distributed /
dbt Labs is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to folks based in the UK, Germany, or Ireland.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 25,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
Community Development at dbt Labs is a dynamic role -- some days we host events, other days we drop in to meet with the data team from a Fortune 100 company. In this high-impact role, you can expect to develop the blueprints that we will use to shape the future of the dbt Community around the world, empowering thousands of analysts as you go.
In this role you can expect to:
- Travel to different cities and countries in EMEA to build new relationships with highly-engaged members of the dbt Community (25% expectation)
- Create momentum around and drive adoption of dbt by working cross-functionally to stand up new events and networks
- Create the next generation of local dbt Advocates and empower them to do the same
- Drive strategy and execution for a portion of the Community team’s international expansion efforts
- Communicate complex ideas & tactics to folks with a variety of different backgrounds and experiences
- Influence the direction of our product development by gathering feedback from the international dbt Community
You are a good fit if…
- You have previous experience working in a Developer Relations role (or similar)
- You have previous experience in a data role (analytics engineer/data scientist/analyst/data engineer/ml engineer or similar)
- You are excited by the idea of building new connections with folks from diverse roles and backgrounds, and helping build connections between those folks!
- You are adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly
- You approach problems with curiosity and a growth mindset
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, excellent healthcare, office and cell/internet stipends, and paid parental leave
- An introductory call with a member of our People Ops team
- A video call with our Director of Community
- A short take home task + task review call
- A panel interview round with members of the Community team and close partners
- A final interview with a member of our executive team
Compensation & Benefits
What to expect in the hiring process: