Senior Data Analyst: Revenue
US - Distributed /
dbt Labs is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to folks based anywhere in the United States.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 25,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
In this role, you can expect to...
- Work directly with our VP, Sales, Solutions and Partnerships, the Revenue team, and our Operations and Strategy team.
- Apply existing dbt Labs best practices to our internal project while shaping future best practices. As the makers of dbt, dbt Labs is a leader in how companies use data. We're a data company, and we intend to be best-in-class at revenue analytics.
- Be a critical partner in shaping the data strategy and prioritization for dbt Labs’s Revenue team
- Identify strategic data opportunities for the business by highlighting / investigating areas of opportunity (e.g. close rate analysis)
- Build and continuously monitor evergreen dashboards for teams to stay on top of their critical metrics and initiatives, and conducting deep dives to investigate success drivers of funnel metrics
- e.g. monitoring Sales team performance and the accuracy of forecasts
- Contribute learnings back to the dbt community (via writing about the work you do, presenting on panels for dbt Community meetups, etc)
You are a good fit if you...
- Have worked in or are familiar with dbt
- Have 3+ years experience as a revenue data analyst at a SaaS company with advanced domain knowledge in sales and revenue analytics (e.g. pipeline opportunities, determining propensity to buy, investigating churn indicators or path to upgrade behaviors)
- Are proficient in writing analytical SQL and you have some experience with statistical software such as SAS, R, Python, SPSS, or other programs
- Have strategic thinking skills – seeing the big picture, clarifying strategic objectives, identifying relations, patterns and trends, thinking creatively, and analyzing information
- Have a solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical topics
- Have experience using Looker or other BI tools to build automated reporting
- Are highly motivated to work autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $135-170k
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, health/vision/dental insurance, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process
- Initial phone screen with Head of Data (30 minute Zoom call)
- Interview with our Head of Revenue Operations (30 minute Zoom call)
- After that we’ll ask you to complete a project that will take about 3 hours. The basic gist of this project will be to deliver an analysis of a proposed business problem.
- Project review with two analytics engineers (30 minute Zoom call)
- Final round interview with: Director of Revenue (45min - whiteboarding session), Head of Data (30 minutes - collaboration and final questions)
- Value fit: A final interview with a member of our Leadership Team (30 minute Zoom call)