Principal Frontend Engineer
Austin, TX /
Corporate – Dealerware /
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships. Today, we’re experiencing 100% YOY growth and are positioned to truly change the way the world hits the road. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Principal Frontend Engineer to help us transform the way car dealers and manufacturers think about products and profits. We’re looking for an experienced Web Applications architect who still likes getting their hands in the code on a regular basis, who has experience with monolithic to micro front end transformations, and who is excited by solving challenging technical problems.
Our front end software stack is currently being rewritten in React. We manage application state with Redux, and use SWR for data caching. Our primary testing frameworks are Jest and React Test library.
As a Principal Frontend Engineer you will:
● Create and maintain highly scalable web applications leveraging modern cloud platforms
● Lead development of mid and long-term technical roadmaps, including detailed migration strategies to evolve our applications
● Work with the design team to build amazing apps with React
● Guide the development of tests and documentation as you oversee feature development
● Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools
● Establish and advocate adoption of engineering best practices, leading by example
Your peers would say you:
● Create simple, thoughtful solutions when presented with challenging requirements
● Are passionate about scalability and high performance
● Demonstrate end to end ownership of your applications, including security, deployment and monitoring tools and techniques
● Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
● Great at collaborating with cross-functional teams
● Consistently deliver improvements to product and processes
● Experience leading web application development as a Principal Software Engineer or Architect
● 5+ years experience in React or other JS frameworks (TypeScript experience is a plus).
● Experience consuming data from RESTful APIs
● Experience with traditional CSS and CSS-in-JS
● Experience with Micro-frontend architecture
● Experience across the full application lifecycle from concept through retirement
Dealerware offers you:
● Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
● Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) + FREE telehealth (includes therapy visits)
● Training for all employees provided in Udemy
● Unlimited paid vacation policy
● 100% remote work (during COVID). Hybrid model anticipated post-COVID (can be largely remote)
● Modern office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking
● Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and flexible hours
● Backed by Audi, a 111-year-old automotive industry leader
● Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
● Discounts on Silvercar rentals and participation in an Audi Lease Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.