Director of Business Operations
Austin Downtown, TX /
Corporate – Dealerware /
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships. Today, we’re experiencing 100% YOY growth and are positioned to truly change the way the world hits the road. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware currently manages fleets for 28 automotive brands and 10 of the top 10 dealer groups in the country. With a recent expansion into international markets, our growth trajectory continues to be within the top 1% of SaaS businesses.
The Director of Business Operations is charged with building and leading the team of experts in cross functional business process, driving technological change and continuous business process improvement. This role is a key enabler of delivering capabilities across the enterprise to deliver faster growth and clarity in data-driven decision making. This leader needs expert ability in working across functions (from FP&A to Product to Customer Success), understanding stakeholder needs, and designing solutions that balance siloed needs with cross functional benefit. He/she must have demonstrated ability in engender alignment for both popular and unpopular decisions, and a track record of delivering initiatives with measurable benefit to the organization (of both internal and external value). You will be expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of business, business needs, and how technology drives and supports the business and broader organizational stakeholders.
This Role will report directly to the President and COO.
- Discover, document, and maintain key cross functional processes. Identify and drive points of improvement aligned to growth goals of the company
- Train end users and internal stake-holders on process and technology changes
- Marry operational know-how with our technology solutions to digitalize, automate and enhance internal processes, data-driven decision making, and KPI quantification and distributions (e.g. internal and accessible company dashboards)
- Leverage and enable analytical frameworks as well as qualitative and quantitative thinking to evaluate and monitor quality of process and decision making execution (while finding anomalies and driving corrective action).
- Fulfill all reporting needs for the cross functional business teams to move from data to insight and ultimately to decision as efficiently as possible
- Support ad hoc requests for both leadership and frontline team to deliver on key customer facing engagements or market level analysis
- Assist in the planning of business growth with proactive recommendations on optimization of structure, process, and goal setting for all business units
- Manage vendor relationship, provisioning and optimization of all critical operational software relationships (Outreach, Salesforce, Ganisight, Clari, Hubspot, etc.)
- Build a highly effective team to help support, deliver and improve all the above
Experience and Qualifications:
- Expertise in SaaS environments, particularly with Salesforce, Netsuite and related applications/integrated applications (HubSpot, Gainsight, Confluence/JIRA, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability to learn new systems (technology) and quickly map out how they should work within our environment
- Proven success in ideating and implementing innovative solutions to optimize service, support and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related Business field; or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred but not required
- 5+ yrs experience managing direct reports
- 7+ yrs managing indirect, cross-functional relationships
- Strong executive level presentation and communication skills, including verbal, written, and Microsoft Office
- Six Sigma, CCBA, or CBAP certification a plus
- Salesforce Admin Certification a plus (with references to support proficiency)
Dealerware offers you:
- Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- New office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking
- Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and flexible hours
- Backed by Audi, a 109-year-old automotive industry leader
- Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
- Training for all employees provided in Udemy
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Discounts on Silvercar rentals and participation in Audi Lease Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.