Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Austin, TX /
Corporate – Dealerware /
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships. Today, we’re experiencing 100% YOY growth and are positioned to truly change the way the world hits the road. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware: Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Dealerware has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a SeniorData Warehouse Engineer to help us transform the way car dealers and manufacturers think about products and profits. As part of the company’s growing Business Intelligence team, we’re looking for someone to design, develop and implement technology and data solutions to meet current and future data warehousing and reporting needs. An experienced engineer who can set the technical direction, establish best practices and partner with all consumers of data to build and support the company's data warehouse and the ETL platform.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer, you will:
● Design and implement relational and dimensional models in Snowflake.
● Design, build and support stable, scalable data pipelines or ETL processes that cleanse, structure and integrate big data sets from multiple data sources into Snowflake and provision to transactional systems and Business Intelligence reporting.
● Collaborate with product and other engineering teams on normalizing and aggregating large data sets based on business needs and requirements.
● Work on different databases (Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL, NoSql)
● Work with different data formats (JSON, CSV, Parquet, Avro) and interact with various on-premise and cloud data sources as well as RESTful APIs.
● Establish, maintain and administer Snowflake clusters and other data infrastructure
● Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
● Coach and mentor team members and promote team development and growth
● 5+ years of experience in a data warehousing or data engineering role
● Must have 2+ years of experience in Snowflake or similar data warehouse systems
● Very strong SQL skills and experience
● Knowledge and expertise in system performance and optimization, schema design, and, capacity planning
● Proven ability to design, develop, and maintain data warehousing and ETL workflows for large data sets and interact with various sources
● Knowledge of industry standard ETL and workflow tools (Airflow or other 3rd party), as well as writing your own utilizing Python is preferred
● Working experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, Data Pipeline)
● Hands-on experience and expertise in using advanced Snowflake//MySql/Postgres SQL features, specifically analytical functions.
● Strong programming and scripting skills (Python experience is a plus)
Even better if you have:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
● Experience developing microservices in Flask or Django are highly preferred
● Data Science or Machine Learning experience and skills are highly preferred
Dealerware offers you:
● Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
● Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) + FREE telehealth (includes therapy visits)
● Training for all employees provided in Udemy
● Tuition Reimbursement and continuing education
● Unlimited paid vacation policy
● Generous Paid Parental Leave program
● 100% remote work (during COVID). Hybrid model anticipated post-COVID (can be largely remote or 100% remote depending on candidate preference and position)
● Modern office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking
● Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and somewhat flexible hours
● Backed by Audi, a 111-year-old automotive industry leader
● Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
● Discounts on new Audi purchases and participation in the Audi and VW Lease Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.