New York, NY
Traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud, producing more consumer complaints than any sector of consumer finance. Debtsy is serious about driving systemic change in a predatory industry. We provide a data-driven debt resolution platform that’s built with empathy in mind, empowering borrowers to dispute, negotiate, and resolve their debt without stress or embarrassment while providing unparalleled transparency and compliance to financial institution clients.
We are growing rapidly: our team of engineers hail from companies like Fitbit, Uber, and Stripe, we are tripling headcount of the company this year, and have financial institution clients.
As a software engineer, you will be building the core of the Debtsy product. You’ll have the opportunity to touch many parts of development, including full stack web development, data engineering, machine learning, DevOps, security, and you’ll get first-hand experience wearing product and strategic hats as well.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success. We foster a culture of collaboration and open feedback, thoughtful problem solving, and continual learning and growth.
What you might tackle:
- Create delightful and engaging user experiences for both consumers and financial institution clients
- Build and refine machine learning models to automate operations and understand the unique financial situation of each borrower
- Design and build systems that meet our extraordinarily high compliance and security bar at scale
- Architect and implement mission-critical features and product expansions that allow us to serve the largest financial institutions in the country
You may be a fit if you:
- Have solid experience with web frameworks, databases, and building intuitive, user friendly apps. We mostly use type-annotated Python3, Flask, and PostgreSQL, but we care more about general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Enjoy driving projects from ideation to completion and enjoy collaborating with design, product, and other engineers to do so
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.