New York, NY
The debt collection industry is broken. Despite touching the lives of tens of millions of Americans with hundreds of billions of dollars of delinquent consumer debt, the industry generates more complaints than any other consumer finance matter year after year. Debtsy is a technology company providing a more streamlined, compliant and effective resolution process for borrowers and creditors alike. We tailor our engagement and our offers to the borrower’s unique financial situation, their preferences, and what’s worked for similar borrowers. Meanwhile, we provide real-time transparency around our collections to our creditor clients to demonstrate our compliance and effectiveness.
The Collection Specialist is responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls related to the recovery of unsecured consumer accounts. This individual will oversee our internal collection efforts, including the development and implementation of strategies for improving liquidation, borrower satisfaction, and client satisfaction. This position is intended for someone who is willing and able to make calls initially, and who is also capable of building out a collections team to then oversee.
- Outbound/Inbound collections - field outbound & inbound delinquent customers calls with the objective of negotiating a payment
- Process improvement - assist in designing and improving our collections processes
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare risk analyses, including recommendations for resolution
- Utilizes proprietary software to document calls, analyze customer problems, resolve basic issues, and facilitate payments.
- Follows our outreach procedures and instructions
- Assists in evaluating workflow processes, efficiencies, and problems to identify the most effective use of resources to meet work unit goals and project objectives
- Adhere to all federal and state collection and consumer protection laws and regulations, as well as our internal policies and procedures.
- Seasoned collector with 2-3+ years of experience, knowledge of all aspects of consumer loan collections preferred
- Strong understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and pertinent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Highly adaptive and open to innovative new technology solutions