New York, NY /
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission.
We're adding one more Collection Specialist to our team who will be responsible for handling inbound communications from borrowers who are looking for help with their account. This individual will oversee our internal collection efforts, including the development and implementation of strategies for improving liquidation, borrower satisfaction, and client satisfaction. This position is intended for someone who is willing and able to handle high inbound call and message volumes.
- Handle inbound calls and messages from borrowers with the objective of addressing their account needs
- Utilize our proprietary software to document communications, analyze user problems, resolve basic issues, and facilitate payments
- Contribute to our outreach procedures and instructions
- Assist in evaluating workflow processes, efficiencies, and problems to identify the most effective use of resources to meet capacity goals
- Gather user feedback to inform future product improvements
- Adhere to all federal and state collection and consumer protection laws and regulations, as well as our internal policies and procedures
- 2-3+ years of customer service experience with a proven track record of high performance
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Highly adaptive and open to innovative new technology solutions
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
Debtsy celebrates diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Debtsy, we believe that diversity of outlooks, demographics, identities, and life experiences enable companies to build the best products. More diversity means more empathy with different types of people. This matters a lot for us, since so many borrowers in financial distress with whom we engage come from underrepresented backgrounds. We practice what we preach and look forward to continuing to grow and build on our already diverse team.