Customer Experience Manager
New York, NY /
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission.
We're hiring our first Customer Experience Manager to lead our contact center. This hire will ensure that our agents engage with borrowers in a compliant, compassionate, and effective manner. Furthermore, they will ensure that the borrower's voice is heard to inform our product development. Your leadership will allow us to maintain the highest degree of borrower satisfaction as we pursue our aggressive scaling goals and expand our reach in the space.
- Manage our contact center. You will provide coaching, mentoring, and training materials to our agents who interface with borrowers daily. You will aim increase quality, performance, and overall agent engagement.
- Create and refine agent performance and efficiency metrics. These metrics will be used to gauge the health of the contact center and motivate agents by increasing awareness and growth.
- Gather & synthesize borrower and agent feedback. Work with our Product team to ensure the borrower’s voice is heard. This feedback will help define the product we build for borrowers and our contact center.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Product Managers to develop our long-term borrower experience strategy with the goal of increasing borrower satisfaction. This work will guide Debtsy’s brand and help drive placements from our financial institution clients.
- Drive contact center quality through frequent audits and identifying software that will ensure borrower satisfaction and compliance at scale.
What you bring to the table:
- Customer obsession. You care deeply about helping borrowers in debt and you will make it your mission to help these individuals while at Debtsy.
- 4-8 years of experience in a customer facing role, ideally at a mission-driven startup. We’re looking for candidates that have helped scale CX operations or have led a CX team.
- Comfort using data to make business decisions. You should have a track record of leveraging data to inform a CX strategy. SQL experience is nice to have but not a hard requirement.
- Excited to tackle the nitty-gritty tasks that come with being at a startup to get the job done. As the first manager in this role, you will be expected to handle support tickets early on to ensure you understand our processes.
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
Debtsy celebrates diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Debtsy, we believe that diversity of outlooks, demographics, identities, and life experiences enable companies to build the best products. More diversity means more empathy with different types of people. This matters a lot for us, since so many borrowers in financial distress with whom we engage come from underrepresented backgrounds. We practice what we preach and look forward to continuing to grow and build on our already diverse team.