Chief of Staff
New York, NY /
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track. We’ve grown by over 10x in accounts over the past six months. Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission.
We are hiring a chief of staff to make our CEO more effective, efficient, and productive. You'll report directly to the CEO and your work will ensure Debtsy becomes a market leader in 2021 by enabling the executive team to perform as a world-class organization.
- You'll help the CEO make better decisions through research, analysis, introduction of frameworks, and outlining possible scenarios. This relates to everything. One week, you might create a strategy for hiring a senior role. Another week, you might recommend adjusting a quarterly goal after learning about unexpected sales success.
- You’ll align internal and external stakeholders to deliver common goals. You'll prepare materials for the team and for our investors, including regular investor updates, presentations for All Hands Meetings, and packages for board meetings.
- You'll coordinate with all teams to improve internal processes related to goal setting, performance reviews, cross-departmental information sharing, and more.
You may be a fit if
- You have experience in the world of startups, big tech, consulting, or investment banking.
- You enjoy systematically and analytically breaking down complex problems into actionable recommendations.
- You love learning. New subject areas to study and responsibilities to practice invigorate you.
- You constantly think about ways to improve processes. You appreciate that over time superior processes lead to better outcomes. You also appreciate that good decisions can have bad outcomes.
- You cherish simple and direct communication. You put thought into how to communicate most effectively to your audience and give equal thought to what not to communicate.
- You prioritize integrity. You excel at giving and receiving feedback.
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.