New York, NY /
The debt collection industry is broken. Despite touching the lives of tens of millions of Americans with hundreds of billions of dollars of delinquent consumer debt, the industry generates more complaints than any other consumer finance matter year after year. Debtsy is a technology company providing a more streamlined, compliant and effective resolution process for borrowers and creditors alike. We tailor our engagement and our offers to the borrower’s unique financial situation, their preferences, and what’s worked for similar borrowers. Meanwhile, we provide real-time transparency around our collections to our creditor clients to demonstrate our compliance and effectiveness.
We have financial institution clients, are backed by top-tier fintech venture capitalists, and are looking to double our team size by the end of the year.
As a product designer, you will be responsible for the development of user-centered design for all email, letter, and web interactions. You’ll work closely with our product and engineering teams from product conception to implementation.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success. We foster a culture of collaboration and open feedback, thoughtful problem solving, and continual learning and growth.
What you'll do:
- Run user interviews, ethnographic studies, and perform other research to understand how we can optimize user interactions
- Conceptualize new features with engineers and product managers
- Create user-centered prototypes and pixel-perfect interface designs by considering data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities
- Be the primary decision maker for design choices throughout the application
- Help implement brand identity and guideline updates
- Act as an advocate for design throughout the organization
You may be a fit if you:
- Have a track record of successfully creating user experiences that require a mix of service and visual design
- Have helped create and release a product or feature, playing an active role in research, concept development, testing, and visual design.
- Have top-tier user testing and information architecture skills
- Are able to work with exceptional design velocity when exploring variations of product concepts
- Have extensive experience working with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.)
- Have solid understanding how to communicate and collaborate with product managers and engineers. Concretely this means having a solid understanding of what is possible in modern web development and how this informs design / interaction decisions how to hand off designs for implementation
- Are extremely detail oriented
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.