New York, NY
Traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud, producing more consumer complaints than any sector of consumer finance. Debtsy is serious about driving systemic change in a predatory industry. We provide a data-driven debt resolution platform that’s built with empathy in mind, empowering borrowers to dispute, negotiate, and resolve their debt without stress or embarrassment while providing unparalleled transparency and compliance to financial institution clients.
We are growing rapidly: our team of engineers hail from companies like Fitbit, Uber, and Stripe, we are tripling headcount of the company this year, and have financial institution clients.
As a UX designer, you will be responsible for the development of user-centered design for all email, letter, and web interactions. You’ll work closely with our product and engineering teams from product conception to implementation.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success. We foster a culture of collaboration and open feedback, thoughtful problem solving, and continual learning and growth.
What you'll do:
- Manage the full user research lifecycle.
- Run user interviews, ethnographic studies, and perform other research to understand how we can optimize user interactions
- Conceptualize new features with engineers and product managers
- Create user-centered prototypes and pixel-perfect interface designs by considering data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities
- Be the primary decision maker for design choices throughout the application
- Help implement brand identity and guideline updates
- Act as an advocate for design throughout the organization
You may be a fit if you:
- Have a track record of successfully creating user experiences that span across multiple mediums
- Have top-tier testing and information architecture skills
- Are able to work with exceptional design velocity when exploring variations of product concepts
- Have extensive experience working with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.)
- Have solid understanding how to communicate and collaborate with product managers and engineers. Concretely this means having a solid understanding of what is possible in modern web development and how this informs design / interaction decisions how to hand off designs for implementation
- Are extremely detail oriented
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.