New York, NY /
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
We’ve grown 10x in accounts over the past six months. Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission.
We’re hiring our first dispute specialist to oversee the successful remediation of issues raised by borrowers regarding their accounts placed with Debtsy. Your support will ensure Debtsy remains compliant and borrowers' issues are getting the attention they deserve as we scale rapidly in 2021—without you, this effort won’t succeed. As an early team member, you will grow within the role and our organization over time.
- Manage our disputes flow in its entirety to ensure Debtsy is in compliance with regulations and client-specific requirements. This reduces our risk and satisfies our financial institution clients
- Interface with our clients to resolve disputes when needed
- Learn common issues to identify areas where we can improve the dispute process overtime and better help borrowers
- Communicate with consumers on more complex issues to ensure their concerns are being heard and adequately addressed
- Optimize dispute remediation workflows in cases where our clients are resolving the disputes as well as when Debtsy is more involved in the remediation. This will increase Debtsy’s efficiency and allow us to scale faster
- Help leadership stay informed on the key themes and trends within our dispute flow. This will inform higher level compliance and strategy decisions
What you bring to the table
- 2-5 years of experience. We’re looking for candidates with experience managing consumer claims or issues, ideally within a financial services or tech company
- Experience operating in a regulated industry. This person must value compliance
- A passion for helping borrowers who are struggling financially
- Outstanding project management, communication, and writing skills
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
Debtsy celebrates diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.