San Francisco, CA
Traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud, producing more consumer complaints than any sector of consumer finance. Debtsy is serious about driving systemic change in a predatory industry. We provide a data-driven debt resolution platform that’s built with empathy in mind, empowering borrowers to dispute, negotiate, and resolve their debt without stress or embarrassment while providing unparalleled transparency and compliance to financial institution clients.
We are growing rapidly: our team of engineers hail from companies like Fitbit, Uber, and Stripe, we are tripling headcount of the company this year, and have financial institution clients.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success. We foster a culture of collaboration and open feedback, thoughtful problem solving, and continual learning and growth.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize new features with engineers, product managers, and designers
- Collaborate with engineers, both on the frontend and backend, when making architectural decisions
- Design and implement highly testable architecture to set our web application up for long term success
- Translate product requirements into an elegant and well-architected web application, either working independently or based on wireframes or designs
You may be a fit if you:
- Have experience with frameworks like jQuery and React, as well as JS concepts including synchronous/asynchronous programming, closures and ES6
- Have some server-side experience (Node, Python, etc.)
- Have an understanding of software-development fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, networking, HTTP
- Have a solid understanding of product, as well as UX and design principles
- Have great communication and collaboration skills
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.