New York, NY
Traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud, producing more consumer complaints than any sector of consumer finance. Debtsy is serious about driving systemic change in a predatory industry. We provide a data-driven debt resolution platform that’s built with empathy in mind, empowering borrowers to dispute, negotiate, and resolve their debt without stress or embarrassment while providing unparalleled transparency and compliance to financial institution clients.
We are growing rapidly: our team of engineers hail from companies like Fitbit, Uber, and Stripe, we are tripling headcount of the company this year, and have financial institution clients.
As a product manager, you will be crafting the product experiences that bring Debtsy’s mission to life. Your creativity, insight, and leadership will directly drive the completion of critical company milestones, ensuring that our company scales quickly, compliantly, and effectively.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success. We foster a culture of collaboration and open feedback, thoughtful problem solving, and continual learning and growth.
What you'll do:
- Internalize and deeply understand Debtsy’s mission and strategy, both near and long-term, as well as our product from the perspectives of both consumers and financial institution clients
- Use that understanding to design new features, new products, and prioritize product objectives
- Dive into and solve whatever problems are necessary to successfully launch and grow products, whether it’s collaborating with designers, engineers, operators, and third parties, performing research, analyzing data, or wireframing interfaces
- Think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast and bias towards action
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a proficient understanding of software engineering, possibly gained by having a technical degree or hands-on software engineering experience
- Have several years of experience launching or growing products, and past teams that love working with you
- Have SQL expertise
- Want to understand our product from all perspectives, including technical, analytical, compliance, design, and consumer
- Have a high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.