New York, NY /
The debt collection industry is broken. Despite touching the lives of tens of millions of Americans with hundreds of billions of dollars of delinquent consumer debt, the industry generates the second most complaints in consumer finance. Debtsy’s mission is to establish trust between consumers and creditors through fair and optimized collections. We foresee a consumer finance ecosystem defined by trustworthy debt collection.
We have financial institution clients, are backed by top-tier fintech venture capitalists, and have grown the number of accounts on our platform by 23x since the beginning of this year.
We are hiring a product analyst to help make data-driven decisions at Debtsy by supporting product, operations, and strategic stakeholders. You will collaborate with product in developing and prioritizing the product roadmap and do exploratory analysis to improve our product and operations. Lastly, you will build dashboards and build simplifications of our data model to empower more people at Debtsy to answer questions with data, making analysis easier and more accessible.
We are looking for someone who has a strong grasp of SQL and has built out sophisticated queries, reports, and visualizations based on it. This person also has strong communication skills and is able to communicate with product, operations, and business leaders and effectively translate business questions into SQL queries and back.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. Our small team comes from places like Uber, Stripe, Google, EY, and Fitbit. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to prioritize the product roadmap, define key success metrics, and shape data-informed product/business strategies
- Build dashboards for and do exploratory analysis of internal data to identify opportunities and gaps within the existing product
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Communicate results and influence key decision makers, including engineering, and business leaders
- 3-5 years of professional experience in product analytics
- Extensive experience and passion for metrics and dashboards visualizations
- Solid understanding of data significance and approaches and pitfalls for hypothesis testing and data analysis
- Adept at SQL and likely know enough to teach others, even advanced topics. Knowledge of topics like query optimization is a plus, as is knowledge of R or Python
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at translating between business and analytics; adept at translating business needs or questions into SQL queries and definitions
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.