Chief of Staff
New York, NY /
The debt collection industry is broken. Despite touching the lives of tens of millions of Americans with hundreds of billions of dollars of delinquent consumer debt, the industry generates the second most complaints in consumer finance. Debtsy’s mission is to establish trust between consumers and creditors through fair and optimized collections. We foresee a consumer finance ecosystem defined by trustworthy debt collection.
We have financial institution clients, are backed by top-tier fintech venture capitalists, and have grown the number of accounts on our platform by 23x since the beginning of this year.
We are hiring a chief of staff to make our CEO more effective, efficient, and productive. You will report directly to the CEO. Your work will contribute to delighting our clients and employees, growing our competitive advantages, keeping our investors up to date, and forecasting future needs or challenges before they arise.
We are looking for someone who thrives in figuring things out--often independently--in unchartered territory, excels at process optimization, enjoys wearing many hats, excels in written and verbal communication, collaborates well with others, possesses high emotional intelligence, proactively fixes what needs fixing, seamlessly transitions from big picture thinking to tactical execution, and holds themself and others accountable for their outcomes. This person is excited by the opportunity to grow within the role and within our organization over time. Consequently, we will give them as much responsibility as they can handle.
At Debtsy, you'll be an early member of a fast-growing company. Our small team comes from places like Uber, Stripe, Google, EY, and Fitbit. You'll have a large degree of ownership and an outsized impact on our path and ultimate success.
- Work on strategic initiatives, financial forecasts, hiring, and HR administration with the CEO
- Help the CEO make better decisions through research, analysis, introduction of frameworks, and outlining possible scenarios
- Coordinate internal planning processes and presentations by interacting with product, engineering, sales and operations
- Collaborate with our accountants, lawyers, and other third-party vendors to ensure our compliance
- Prepare materials for investor updates and board meetings
- Supplement our sales efforts by prospecting, managing our pipeline, and joining sales calls/demos
- 3+ years of startup experience, consulting, big tech, or investment banking strongly preferred
- Systematic, analytical thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for diving into any area of the business or product, understand business needs and facilitate decisions based on changing priorities
- A connector of information, processes, people and products
- Constantly thinking about ways to improve business outcomes, productivity, collaboration and engagement
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborativeIncredible attention to detail
- Ability to take and give feedback and consistently work to achieve better results
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information