New York or San Francisco /
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
We’ve grown over 10x accounts in the last six months. Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission. But this is only scratching the surface—we think there’s more ways to solve this problem than our existing offerings. We want you to play a pivotal role in building those products.
You’ll be the second product manager to join our team, focusing on borrower experience. In your role you’ll be responsible for finding the biggest problems borrowers face as they get out of debt, and leading a team of engineers and designers to quickly make meaningful improvements.
We believe that most people want to pay back their debt if they can. Success in your role means that you’ve made it as easy as possible for motivated borrowers to resolve their debt and regain peace of mind -- and dramatically increase our revenue in the process.
Our product organization is still small so you will have the opportunity to help shape product culture, processes, and strategy. We plan on expanding our offerings over the next year, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to and own products built from the ground up.
Because this is a data intensive role, you’ll need the following to be successful:
- Strong analytical skills. This means you focus on creating hypotheses before diving into the data, you validate your work, and you’re skeptical of things that look too good to be true. You will need at a minimum basic SQL skills.
- Familiarity and experience with experimentation best practices and basic statistical knowledge.
- Strong communication skills. You’re comfortable leading a team through influence and with quantitative and qualitative evidence. You err on the side of clarity and explaining the obvious.
You might be a good fit if you value:
- Genuine collaboration. We recognize and explicitly reward feedback, alignment, and learning from each other.
- Managers as advocates. You’ll report to leaders invested in your growth and promotion, not just their own. Managers only succeed when their teams thrive.
- Outcomes over output. We value finding ways to do more with less, working smart instead of burning out.
- Continuous discovery. We view roadmaps as living, breathing documents that change as we learn. We are constantly discovering, reprioritizing, and optimizing for improvement.
- Quantitative and qualitative research. Data tells us where problems are, talking to real people let’s us truly understand why the problems exist.
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.