New York, NY
The debt collection industry is broken. Despite touching the lives of tens of millions of Americans with hundreds of billions of dollars of delinquent consumer debt, the industry generates more complaints than any other consumer finance matter year after year. Debtsy is a technology company providing a more streamlined, compliant and effective resolution process for borrowers and creditors alike. We tailor our engagement and our offers to the borrower’s unique financial situation, their preferences, and what’s worked for similar borrowers.
Meanwhile, we provide real-time transparency around our collections to our creditor clients to demonstrate our compliance and effectiveness.
We are looking to double our team size by the end of the year, have financial institution clients, and are backed by top-tier fintech venture capitalists.
Debtsy is looking for a compliance associate to maintain and improve our compliance and legal practices to expedite sales conversations, review new product features and vendor integrations, and more. This person will collaborate externally with third-parties, such as our outside counsel, compliance team, vendors, and clients, and internally with our product, engineering, operations, and sales teams.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, operations, sales, and external legal counsel
- Streamline the legal review and completion of NDAs, contracts, vendor agreements, due diligence questions, licensing, insurance and other related material
- Assist with the development of our policies and procedures to ensure that we are compliant with all applicable rules and regulations
- Stay up to date on regulatory trends and relevant legal cases in the collections space
You may be a fit if you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience as a corporate paralegal or project manager is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- You can manage a variety of high priority issues without missing any deadlines or breaking a sweat
- Very detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Debtsy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.