New York, NY /
At Debtsy, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
We’ve grown 10x in accounts over the past six months. Because of the pandemic, there’s never been a more important time for our mission.
We're hiring a third person to Debtsy's operations team to own critical processes that keep our product, operations, and overall business running smoothly. Your support will allow us to meet our aggressive scaling goals by the end of 2021—without you, this effort won’t succeed. You’d grow within the role and our organization over time.
- Improve our day to day operational workflows within communications, payments, and borrower account maintenance to increase our capacity. For example, you will collaborate with agents to improve their efficiency
- Help leadership stay informed on key business metrics that guide strategy such as revenue projections by leveraging analytics tools. You'll motivate the team by ensuring these metrics are shared and understood across departments
- Own various pieces of our licensing and compliance program to ensure our business stays compliant with ever changing regulations and client requirements
- Work closely with product and engineering to drive operational improvement by surfacing inefficiencies from anything related to our letter sending strategy to common points of confusion for consumers
What you bring to the table:
- 1-4 years of experience. We’re looking for candidates that have helped scale operations at a startup or solve business challenges for clients within consulting or finance roles
- Comfort using SQL, Python, or other analytics tools for exploratory analysis and tracking operational metrics
- Experience systematizing business processes and creating documentation from scratch
- Experience collaborating across departments and comfort with context-switching
- Excited to tackle the nitty-gritty tasks that come with being at a startup to get the job done
- Self-directed, accountable, and able to create structure while working in undefined areas
- Outstanding project management and communication skills
To learn more about what it’s like to work with us, check out our Glassdoor reviews. We think our track record speaks best.
Debtsy celebrates diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.