Full Stack Engineer
New York City /
Decent is a no-code application and protocol for creators to easily construct highly customizable token-based projects. From feature-complete and gas-efficient standard NFT contracts to starter kits for customizable release pages, and more, any artist, individual, or organization can start their web3 journey with Decent.
The founding team is composed of Princeton & Brown graduates with deep experience in music, media, and crypto. We’re also supported by advisors including but not limited to: a founding engineer at Uniswap, Lava Records, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Palm Tree Crew (Kygo's record label).
About the Role
- We’re building at the intersection of NFTs and DeFi and constantly excited to develop novel pricing mechanisms, contract features, and DeFi hooks
- We're looking for an experienced full stack engineer to scale the Decent platform with us and create the best possible tools and infrastructure to usher in a new era of cultural markets
- As a founding engineer, you will also have the opportunity to inform product decisions. This role has the potential to become a leadership position (e.g., Head of Design, Head of Eng) in the next 3-6 months, as Decent grows
- We’re passionate about the Ethereum and music ecosystems, and ideal candidates are those excited to push the boundaries in both industries
You're right for this role if you...
- are self-motivated and entrepreneurial, as well as passionate about the web3, defi, music and creator economy spaces
- are excited by broad scope design challenges -- we play in whitespace!!
- can thrive independently and within a team environment
- are a leader that can build out a strong, process driven team around themselves at scale
- are motivated to design and introduce novel technologies to both the web3 and music ecosystems
- Next JS
Decent is a leading player in the web3 music space backed by premier crypto, consumer, and creator economy venture firms. The team is excited to onboard first hires as passionate and driven as themselves to help change the power dynamic of an entire industry. Decent offers wellness benefits, as well as competitive salary and equity. All types of people, ways of working, and backgrounds are accepted and celebrated at Decent. Come join us to decentralize culture and empower those at the center of the music industry - artists and fans.
Will Collier (Brown '20) prev. cofounded The Farmlink Project, a Congressional Medal of Honor award winning non-profit organization that has rescued and transported 100M+ million pounds of surplus fresh produce to food banks around the US. Also, prev. Accenture.
Charlie Durbin (Princeton '19) is a Gitcoin fellow, prev. did investment banking at GCA Advisors covering the music sector. Also prev. Vox Media.
Xander Carlson (Brown '20), stage name Forester, is a full time artist signed to Sony's Palm Tree Records with Kygo & Gryffin.
Will Kantaros (Brown '22) previously did software development at MongoDB, Meta, and Coinbase.