Executive Assistant to the CIO/Business Operations
Campbell, CA /
Technology – Administrative /
At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do. Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly, while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate travel, while working with a team that has a shared passion of taking the company to the next level. The company is headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is a wholly owned and independently run subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc (EHI), the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of EHI while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
The Executive Assistant to the CIO is a unique, multifaceted role, which is part EA, part program management, part business operations, and reports directly to the CIO.
You are a high-energy self-starter who is proactive and has exceptional organizational skills, superb communication skills, is highly process oriented and a quick study. You are a natural collaborator who comfortably works with team members across the organization. You excel at creating efficiencies and will operationalize OKRs, reporting and other processes. In addition, you’re accustomed to owning a variety of projects and administrative tasks to keep the ship on course, and enable the CIO to focus on strategy and leading the Technology organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage CIO’s calendar and help keep him on schedule
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and run weekly virtual meetings for Technology team across multiple time zones; develop agendas and meeting materials (such as presentations or reports), and take and distribute notes
- Assist in facilitating commitments to issues, discussed in meetings, to closure
- Compile reports/dashboards/metrics from disparate systems to create daily and weekly summary/status reports for CIO
- Operationalize OKRs at the leadership level and team level for Technology organization; formalize process to track progress towards OKRs, and create weekly status report
- Weekly status update on projects, as well as personnel matters or changes within organization, and KPIs
- Plan, organize and execute a variety of projects as needed
- Define and assist in processes for improving efficiencies for the CIO and the Technology organization
- Help write/edit presentations and build PowerPoint decks for meetings
- Various administrative tasks on as needed basis
What we're looking for:
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Highly process oriented and organized
- Proactive problem solver; doesn’t wait to be directed
- Ability to keep pace and partner with a busy executive
- Understanding of how technology organizations and teams operate (i.e. agile) and types of metrics that should be captured on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Confident and skilled at communicating with executives and other leaders in the organization including making suggestions for improvements
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 4-8 years of related or transferable experience (i.e. program management, business operations, as an analyst, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)Proficiency in Confluence, Google Suite, experience with Jira and Splunk a plus
- Possesses the following core competencies/attributes: collaboration, business acumen, organized/process oriented, proactive/takes initiative
Deem team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.