Vice President, Product
Oakland, CA /
Product Management – Product Management /
At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do. Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly, while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate travel, while working with a team that has a shared passion of taking the company to the next level. The company is headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is a wholly owned and independently run subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc (EHI), the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of EHI while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
Vice President, Product
Deem is looking for an energetic and inspirational leader with an understanding of the tech travel market to guide the company to build innovative solutions that differentiate Deem in the marketplace.
As the VP, Product, you will evolve our strategic product vision and strategy as well as evangelize the vision and mobilize alignment across the organization. You will determine priorities, develop the product roadmap and ensure we execute on it in partnership with our Technology, Product Experience, Sales and Customer Success teams.
The VP, Product is a critical, highly visible leadership role within the company reporting directly to the President as a member of the Executive Team.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and drive the Deem product vision and product roadmap
- Define the business traveler ecosystem and Deem’s role in it (i.e. identify gaps, partners, competitors)
- Build and lead an experienced and innovative product team, creating a positive culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, transparency, and a customer-first mindset
- Define the value proposition of the Product Management team and represent that value to stakeholders through the delivery of appropriate metrics and performance indicators that measure progress against your strategy
- Partner with Technology organization, while subscribing to an Agile methodology
- Challenge existing standards of product excellence and propose new standards continuously
- Establish and foster a culture throughout the company of customer-focused innovation, including a consistent and thorough process to understand customer needs
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience of leading a high performing and effective Product organization at a Travel or Consumer based company
- Strategic mindset and ability to translate strategy into execution plans following Agile principles, rapid development, customer feedback and iterations
- Thorough working knowledge of Agile development processes with a proven track record of using these skills to develop and manage products
- Ability to build and develop durable relationships across Product team, Sales, Technology, and Customer Success, to support effective product processes
- Track record of recruiting, guiding and mentoring high performance product teams and building an execution-oriented and positive culture
- Hands on entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to “roll-up-the sleeves”
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Ability to design and build metrics for product engagement and customer satisfaction
- Managed feature sets and requirements in a complex domain or marketplace
- Product Management strategy and delivery of B2B and/or B2C technology products, with B2B2C experience ideal
- Keen understanding of developing mobile solutions with exceptional functionality and user experience
- Experience with SaaS/Cloud based offerings
Deem team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.