Field Application Scientist
Menlo Park, CA /
Customer Success /
Want your life to have meaning? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell’s cutting edge technologies are at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? We are an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a unique platform for use in research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. We combine microfluidics, imaging, deep learning, and genomics to identify, isolate and analyze live, single cells. Our technology addresses diverse applications in the life sciences. We're a small team of passionate innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, molecular biology, and genomics. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley.
Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
About the Role:
The Field Applications Scientist (FAS) position is responsible for enabling customer success within his/her territory. As a FAS you will be engaging with customers daily and delivering system trainings at customer sites, providing experimental design, data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support across your territory. This position serves as a scientific consultant during pre- and post-sales activities and will collaborate with broader commercial team to maximize sales growth and customer satisfaction.
The FAS role requires excellent communications, time management, situational awareness, troubleshooting, collaboration, and composure under pressure. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships across territory Service and Support teams, Sales, Marketing, and internal Bio/Science teams. The primary goals of this position is to ensure rapid adoption and maximum customer success with Deepcell’s products.
- Support new product development through alpha and beta tests
- Coordinate new and Beta installations, including facility inspections and instrument validation
- Coordinate and conduct on-site customer trainings on Deepcell’s technology
- Identify, document, and communicate customer issues; complaints or concerns to management
- Acting as the main point of contact between the customer and company to keep customers apprised and trained on advancements in Deepcell technology and software
- Contribute to white papers and documentation with the goal of expanding support content
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers to manage expectations while satisfying the customer’s needs
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams
- Support field sales team at trade shows, seminars, and technical symposiums (including presentations and networking with thought leaders)
- Handle stressful situations with poise and composure
- Participate on departmental project teams; work collaboratively to execute project plans
- Prioritize tasks and responsibilities to achieve departmental key performance metrics
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with cell workflows and data analysis software
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation and training skills
- Ability to maintain records in CRM for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- Experience with lab or liquid handling automation with microfluidics
- Ability to operate as an independent contributor and as a cooperative member of a team
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Helpful, but not required
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred (e.g. BA/BS with approx. 5 years of experience, MS with approx. 3 years of experience) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics
- Previous customer facing experience with capacity to interact with principal investigator-level scientists as well as bioinformaticians and laboratory personnel
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience
- Single cell laboratory experience is highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary range is $100,000 - $130,000 DOE
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- On-site Lunch and Snacks
- Gym Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.