Senior Scientist/Engineer, System Integration
Menlo Park, CA /
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a cutting-edge platform to address diverse applications in the life sciences. We combine microfluidics, imaging, deep learning, and genomics to identify, isolate and analyze live, single cells. Our technology has garnered multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capitalists, including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
Our company-wide virtues include:
· Humility and collaborative spirit
· Embracement of change
We are hiring a Senior Scientist/Engineer to join our System Integration R&D team to develop and validate workflows for Deepcell’s novel platform. The ideal candidate is detailed-oriented and self-motivated, while likewise being a team player who is excited about developing new technologies. This individual would enjoy working at the interface of biology and engineering, with a proven track record of thriving in an interdisciplinary environment and transforming concepts into products.
- Work closely with hardware, software, assay development, applications, and data science teams to develop and integrate biology workflows into Deepcell’s proprietary platform
- Run, maintain, and troubleshoot prototypes over product development cycles
- Design, execute, validate and optimize experimental plans relevant to internal product development processes.
- Analyze and disseminate experimental results across internal teams representing diverse scientific backgrounds.
- Work creatively and flexibly to support cross-functional team and commercial activities, including training sessions, presentations, and user material generation.
- PhD in bioengineering, biomedical sciences, or similar fields with 3+ years of industry experience or Master’s in related fields with 6+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with complex bioanalytical instrument setup and troubleshooting; demonstrated ability to identify technical issues, investigate, and propose effective resolutions.
- 3 years of experience in biotechnology product development verification and validation testing is required.
- Experience working with microfluidic devices and/or optical systems desired
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and/or data visualization is a plus
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and keen attention to detail in carrying out experiments and documenting work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced start-up environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary range is $100,000 - $170,000 DOE
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- On-site Lunch and Snacks
- Gym Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
Deepcell, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation