Senior Product Manager - Data & AI
Menlo Park, CA /
Product Development /
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz, KDT, Casdin, and others.
As we expand our product portfolio and near commercialization, we are excited to bring on a Senior Product Manager - Data & AI to grow our Product team!
Purpose of Role
We are looking for an experienced and creative Product Manager with a passion for Data & AI to join our Product team.
As the Senior Product Manager for Data & AI, you will guide the development of our models and machine learning infrastructure, in order to satisfy critical user needs both internally and externally, and ensure the performance and scalability of our products and services.
The role requires someone who can deep dive into both researching user needs and behaviors, and contributing to the design and architecture of our platform and related services.
- Deeply understanding and anticipating user needs related to the use and management of data and AI models on the Deepcell platform
- Help guide key product decisions enabling an efficient and scalable business model for the company
- Providing clarity over use cases and priorities to technical teams in order to efficiently guide iterative development
- Collaborating cross-functionally to translate roadmap items into concrete development initiatives
- Continuously gathering feedback from internal users, customers and subject matter experts to produce clear requirements
- Tracking product adoption and performance using analytics
- B.S. or M.S. preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management
- Proven track record of execution and launch of successful AI & ML-based products
- Passionate about cloud-based products, data-driven business models and data companies
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines with limited supervision
- Ability to translate between engineers, data scientists, biologists, and commercial team members to balance user needs, team effort and business objectives
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, detail oriented and receptive to feedback
- Familiarity with the life sciences or biotechnology industry
- Robust knowledge of AI & ML methodologies and trends
- Technical experience to weigh tradeoffs and to have in depth discussions with data scientists and engineers on the nuances of complex AI systems
- Experience in startups, small companies, or other fast paced, continuously changing environments is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with agile projects methodologies
- Familiarity with GCP and/or AWS cloud environments and services
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary range is $160,000 - $190,000 DOE
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- On-site Lunch and Snacks
- Gym Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.