Market Development Specialist/Manager
Menlo Park, CA /
Interested in helping to develop and commercializing cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists.
About the Role:
The Market Development Specialist requires a unique set of skills that combine knowledge of the product, business development, customer service, and sales strategy. This role is primarily responsible for pre-commercial customer engagement. The individual in this role will develop relationships with potential customers and collaborators to generate, progress and nurture early stage market development opportunities, and educate the research and translational community on Deepcell products and applications. The Market Development Specialist is a highly technical position and requires in-depth knowledge of the technology and applications within the Deepcell portfolio as well as the flow cytometry and genomics markets. The Market Development Specialist is expected to be a field technical expert with strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience. This role will support global Market Development.
- Above all else, be prepared to thrive in an early-stage start-up environment where culture and belonging matter most to you!
- Achieve assigned business development goals by engaging existing customers/ collaborators and identifying potential new customers via field visits, email, telephone, video conferences, etc.
- Educate the market on Deepcell technology, products and applications and attend to customer requests for information
- Coordinate and/or conduct both technical and promotional seminars, trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Work closely with Marketing/ Support/ Product Management/ R&D/ Scientific Affairs to develop and disseminate content, strategy, collaborations, and go-to market activities
- Maintain appropriate records and provide relevant information to help forecast business as neede
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback to internal Marketing and Product Management colleagues
- Provide weekly, monthly, and/or ad hoc business/activity reports as required
- Support the sales process by developing and delivering Sales Enablement content and training
- Exceptional Oral and Written Communication and interpersonal skills, including small and large group presentations
- Degree in a relevant field of study, such as Biomedical or Data Science
- Experience with flow cytometry, NGS, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology and/or AI/machine learning via prior work experience and education
- Desire and ability to research and stay abreast of relevant scientific literature and industry developments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the company
- Ability to travel up to 30% and potentially globally, to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven with an aptitude for time management
- 2+ years commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, hospital, government, biotech and/or biopharmaceutical accounts
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a relevant field of study
- Track record of success in customer-facing support or pre-sales/sales roles
- Broad expertise in molecular biology, oncology and/or cell therapy and drug discovery fields
- Experience using a CRM system (e.g. SFDC)
$90,000 - $140,000 a year
90,000 to 140,000 annually, paid semi monthly, DOE
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.