R&D Engineering Associate
Mountain View, CA /
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our company is focused on developing a new imaging technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version. Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
- Conducts quality control tests on incoming hardware components. Will also help with sourcing new hardware components.
- Statistical analysis of data collected on hardware and instruments.
- Monitors instrument performance, identifying failures and documenting them.
- Performs regular maintenance tasks on existing instruments and records maintenance data.
- Implements process improvement tasks and helps updating related SOPs.
- Assists in troubleshooting hardware issues that arise, documenting these issues in FMEA. Identifies ways to eliminate recurring issues.
- Building and testing electronic boards/components.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Bioengineering).
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong teamwork ethic and the commitment to successfully deliver within tight deadlines.
- Strong and open communication skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail for laboratory and office-based work.
- Familiarity and interests with biotechnology and microfluidics is preferred.
Optional Bonus Qualifications
- Experience with 3D modeling software, preferably Solidworks.
- Hands on experience with electronics
Deepcell is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation