Corporate & Market Development, Sr Director
Menlo Park, CA /
Interested in helping to developing and commercializing cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference! Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry. Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
The Sr Dr of Corporate and Market Development will be a key leader, driving Deepcell’s market development efforts. This includes leading early access programs, business development and collaborations and partnerships. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple high priority projects and build strong relationships with internal team members and external scientific and technology leaders.
- Early and nascent market development: Generate new business ensuring short term growth and mid-term profitability. Engage and develop productive relationships with key opinion leaders as well as key accounts, including but not limited to biopharma and academia. Accountable for developing and executing early access programs and sales strategy.
- Channel development: Implementing strategies to drive revenue and ultimately business growth through distribution and partnering deals
- Licensing and partnerships: Establish and manage key partnerships and licensing deals to enable the company to gain access to key assets. Lead definition of strategic requirements for partnership opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with existing strategy, develop, nurture, and manage partnership pipeline.
- Build, engage, develop and lead the Market Development function and team; provides staff with coaching, training and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences and/or or MBA preferred Substantial life sciences experience required, either via work experience or scientific / technical education
- Experience with licensing and partnering deals
- Skilled at developing and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships across the organization – with R&D, Product Development, Marketing and Project Management teams
- Successful team leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and assist less experienced peers when necessary Ability to travel ~50% of the time.