Application Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA /
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a unique platform for use in research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. It uses deep learning, microfluidics, and genetics to identify and extract live, single cells based on visual features.
Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a small team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
As an Application Software Engineer, you will design and develop the C# desktop application that runs on our instruments. The app combines hardware, biology, and artificial intelligence into a seamless user interface. Our biologists use this software every day to do new research in the lab!
We’re improving our instrument software in many ways. You’ll expand system capabilities by exploring new kinds of hardware. You'll work with our scientists to make the instrument more intelligent and easy to use. Plus, you’ll do all of this while improving the architecture of a complex system.
- This is an on-site position -- not remote. Work from home as appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with object-oriented design and principles
- Writes high-quality, clean code
- Computer Science degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in a statically-typed OO language such as C#, Java, Kotlin, Swift, or Scala
- Excited to learn and work in C# if not already proficient
- Versed in software engineering best practices (version control, code review process, agile methodology, unit testing, etc.)
- Experience in GUI design and system integration/development
- Experience in hardware interfacing (e.g., instrumentation)
- Experience in writing asynchronous or multi-threaded applications
- Experience in relational or non-relational databases
- Experience in image processing algorithms/frameworks (such as OpenCV) and signal processing
- Experience in building C# WPF UI
- Experience in Python is a plus