Senior Scientist - Assay Development
Mountain View, CA /
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a unique platform for use in research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. We combine microfluidics, imaging, deep learning, and genomics to identify, isolate and analyze live, single cells. Our technology addresses diverse applications in the life sciences.
Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a small team of passionate innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, molecular biology, and genomics. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley.
The senior scientist -assay development at Deepcell will report to principal scientist and be responsible on developing and optimizing methods and protocols for NGS-based molecular assays.
- Work closely with cross-functional R&D team to design and execute experiments for cell isolation and bulk and single cell analysis
- Design and optimize assays for molecular analysis of samples with small quantities of DNA and RNA.
- Develop and optimize NGS-based single cell analysis workflow
- Perform sample prep, instrument operation, assay design, optimization and validation
- Develop new SOPs to improve consistency and accuracy
- Contribute to product development milestones and company goal planning process
- PhD in Molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or similar fields
- Broad background and knowledge of NGS technologies and data analysis
- 2+ years industrial experience in NGS assay development, preferably on single cells or low input samples
- Demonstrated record in product development and verification/validation
- Excellent experimental design, data analysis and trouble-shooting skills. Sound scientific judgement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and functions
- Self-organizer, meticulous hands-on habits, keen attention to detail
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing startup environment