Senior Data Scientist
Menlo Park, CA
Data Science /
Deepcell’s cutting edge technologies are at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics. We are a fast-growing, series B Stanford spin-off company that has developed a unique platform for use in research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. We combine microfluidics, imaging, deep learning, and genomics to identify, isolate and analyze live, single cells. Our technology addresses diverse applications in the life sciences. We are a small team of passionate innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, molecular biology, and genomics. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life-sciences industry. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our data science team.
- Capture and translate biological/clinical applications into ML model requirements and design studies to collect data, train, and validate those models.
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems of study design, data modelling, evaluation of model performance specifically in the area of life sciences, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and clean up and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis dashboard iteratively to provide insights at scale and in a dynamic fashion. Develop comprehensive knowledge of Deepcell’s objectives and related functions, advocating for changes where needed for product development.
- Collect and curate study metadata to incorporate with ML models, including clinical information, sample collection/processing, and molecular characteristics.
- Work in close collaboration with bio science, bioinformatics, and product teams
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience in data analysis related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Ability to think in first principles and beyond domain-specific jargon.
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Hands on experience with dashboard development and management.
- Track record of peer reviewed publication in top-tier scientific journals
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional team members.
$140,000 - $175,000 a year
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.