Full Stack Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our company is focused on developing a new imaging technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version. Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to join our growing software team!
As a full stack software engineer you will contribute to both front-end and back-end design and development activities. Specifically, you will design and develop web tools to explore and navigate rich cellular data. Academic and industrial researchers will use your tools every day to do cutting edge research! You’ll need to build usable and high performance web applications to help them manage and make sense of large, complex data sets. Additionally you will design and develop our SaaS platform which enables researchers to manage their experiments, run machine learning models, evaluate its performance and explore the rich sets of biological data. You’ll build maintainable and performant APIs and data pipelines to enrich and interact with data from over half a billion cells. You’ll work in an interdisciplinary company composed of data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to help solve hard problems which improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology.
- Contribute to front end and back end design and development
- Design and development of web tools to explore and navigate extensive cell data
- Support academic and industrial researchers using high performance web applications to make sense of large complex data sets
- Build maintainable and performant API's and data pipelines
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists, and software engineers
- 5+ years of experience of building back-end web technologies and 3+ years with front-end web applications
- Strong experience building multi-tenant SaaS applications on the public cloud (AWS / GCP)
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL
- Extensive programming experience in one or more object oriented languages
- Strong experience with automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Good project management skills
- Ability to create reusable, scalable components
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good project management skills
$130,000 - $180,000 a year
Salary is dependent on experience, geographical location, and other factors.
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.