Mountain View, CA /
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Our company is focused on developing a new imaging technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version. Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
As a Back-End Software Engineer you will design and develop our SaaS platform which enables researchers to manage their experiments, run machine learning models, evaluate its performance and explore the rich sets of biological data. You’ll build maintainable and performant APIs and data pipelines to enrich and interact with data from over half a billion cells.
You’ll work in an interdisciplinary team composed of data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to help solve hard problems which improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology.
- 3+ yrs of experience of building back-end web technologies
- Strong experience building multi-tenant SaaS applications on the public cloud (AWS / GCP)
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL
- Extensive programming experience in one or more object oriented languages
- Strong experience with automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Good project management skills
- Experience with Docker and DevOps technologies and practices
- Experience with big data processing pipelines (e.g. Beam, Airflow)
- Experience in working on products with a machine learning component
- Experience leading projects on complex systems or across multiple systems
Deepcell Bio is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation