Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Our company is focused on developing a new technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version.
Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
As a Senior ML engineer you will lead development on our model training and evaluation infrastructure. You will work closely with data scientists to experiment on model architectures and take them to production. You’ll build, maintain and improve data processing pipelines that process billions of data points and petabytes of data.
You’ll work in an interdisciplinary team composed of data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to help solve hard problems which improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology.
- This is an on-site position -- not remote. Work from home as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent
- 5 years’ software development experience
- 2+ years' experience running medium to large/complex projects with multiple internal / external dependencies
- Expertise in working with at least one deep learning framework, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Experienced in working with ETL pipelines
- Experienced in cloud providers such as GCP or AWS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness
- Strong technical written and oral communication skills
- 7+ years’ software development experience
- Proficient in Python
- A track record for delivering Machine Learning projects for a product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and proactive communication, natural curiosity. Ambition to apply skills to a wide variety of fields
- Be able and open to pick up new skills, work with 3rd party technologies and devices
Deepcell Bio is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation