Senior Engineering Program Manager
Mountain View, CA /
Interested in helping to redefine biology, one cell at a time? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Our company is focused on developing a new imaging technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version. We’re just getting started, and we’d love for you to join us in bringing our technology to researchers worldwide!
As a Sr. Engineering Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading cross-disciplinary teams in conducting experiments to develop new applications for Deepcell’s scanning system. You will also provide leadership in the development of commercial versions of the system, suitable for sale to external customers. This is foremost a technical role where you will be involved in understanding design of experiment, architectural design, and technical roadmap. Specifically, your role will include the following:
- Work daily with engineers within agile teams to provide guidance.
- Dive deep into areas you're coordinating in order to give practical guidance.
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
- Lead cross-functional development efforts on new technologies and features, from design to delivery.
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, victories, and risks.
- Be flexible and able to work with a virtual team environment
- Coordinate hardware development program management activities in development of a flow cytometer instrument, across multiple generations of the product
- Coordinate biology team experiments in support of proof of concept (PoC) applications
- Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; settle differences with minimum noise; win concessions without damaging relationships; be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- BS in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management
- 7+ years experience in the following: Defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed requirements, functional, and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope / schedule / deploy new features sets
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments.
- Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- 10 years of proven experience working in a diversified, global product development environment
- Proven experience in traditional and agile development methodologies, developing and maintaining process guidelines for software and hardware projects and providing training and support to global teams.
- Experience working in a complex electronics environment.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of software / hardware development process and lifecycle.
- Excellent technical communication ability with peers and non-technical partners.