Mountain View, CA /
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a platform capable of performing diagnostic and screening tests based on a simple blood draw.
With the power of AI, microfluidics and genetics, we will change how prenatal screenings and liquid biopsies are done. Deepcell technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
- Inventory, accessioning, and tracking of incoming samples into the lab
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required
- Adherence to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Accurate registration and processing of samples for analysis within defined timeframes
- Performance of routine laboratory maintenance activities, including ordering & receiving supplies, maintaining consumable inventories and updating instrument usage logbooks
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to interpret data and design appropriate experiments
- Excellent execution of standard molecular biology techniques
- Performance of blood processing and peripheral blood mononuclear cell isolation protocols
- Performance of DNA isolation and whole genome amplification, primer design, nucleic acid quantification and quality control, real-time PCR and gene expression analysis under aggressive timelines
- Performance of DNA library preparation and sequencing of libraries on in-house sequencing equipment
- Improvement of existing SOPs and development of new SOPs to improve consistency and accuracy
- Quality assessment and quality control of clinical samples and processing
- Operation and maintenance of instruments
- Ability to follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology or similar subject is required, with a minimum of one year laboratory experience
- Strong teamwork ethic and the commitment to successfully deliver within tight deadlines
- Strong and open communication skills
- High accuracy and attention to detail for laboratory and office-based work
- Experience in PCR, qPCR and Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based analysis is beneficial
- Experience within a contract research organization, university core facility or clinical laboratory is beneficial