Senior Electrical Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a platform capable of performing diagnostic and screening tests based on a simple blood draw.
With the power of AI, microfluidics and genetics, we will change how prenatal screenings and liquid biopsies are done. Deepcell technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
- Develops FPGA and microcontroller firmware to perform real-time image processing and handle tasks requiring precise timing, communication with the host computer, and general analog and digital I/O.
- Designs electronic boards and subsystems of medical lab instruments.
- Analyze system requirements. Propose and design electrical system architecture, supporting electronic circuits and electrical components.
- Works with vendors to select and qualify electronic components to be included in the instruments.
- Manages electronic board manufacturers and establishes incoming inspection processes.
- Establishes SOPs for assembly and testing of electronic subassemblies.
- Documents and troubleshoot electrical issues observed in the systems.
- Works with R&D to build electrical subsystems for quick proof-of-concept prototype.
- MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar fields.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of instrument FPGA and firmware development with focus in image processing, preferably in medical/biotech fields.
- Experience in developing C/C++ embedded code.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong working knowledge of firmware IDE and electrical CAD software is required.
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standards and trustworthiness.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.