Customer Success Director, Commercial Applications
Menlo Park, CA /
Customer Success /
Want a meaningful job? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell’s cutting edge technologies are at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? We are an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed a unique platform for use in research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. We combine microfluidics, imaging, deep learning, and genomics to identify, isolate and analyze live, single cells. Our technology addresses diverse applications in the
life sciences. We are a small team of passionate innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, molecular biology, and genomics. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life-sciences industry.
About the Role:
As the Customer Success Director, Commercial Applications Laboratory, you will be responsible for driving all aspects of our commercial lab operations to ensure both customer and employee success. Working in a dynamic, team-oriented, environment you will be responsible for providing operational support for the lab, contribute to pre-sales support activities, lead high-level technical training and product demonstrations, and assist with customer support troubleshooting for Deepcell’s products and workflows. This role requires exceptional communications, time management, situational awareness, poise under pressure, project management, and collaboration skills. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships across our Executive, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Market Development, and our Quality organizations.
- Coordinate and oversee day-to-day activities taking place within the Commercial Applications Lab including internal and external Spark Program, collaborations, trainings, demos and tours, internal product testing, and sales or marketing activities to ensure customer and employee success.
- Manage, support, or lead the execution of various laboratory activities with limited instruction.
- Establish, review, and evaluate laboratory policies and procedures for operating functions of the lab.
- Create and maintain work instructions, risk assessments, and other training requirements for lab staff and end users.
- Establish, gather, and report on lab activities, metrics, and KPIs to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver product or workflow demonstrations to both customers and internal teams on Deepcell’s products and portfolios to support a more complete understanding of Deepcell’s sample-to-answer solutions.
- Independently lead or assist with customer escalations, product investigations, or new product testing by conducting laboratory work for all of Deepcell’s products.
- Act as a liaison with supply chain and logistics teams to support the lab’s inventory management and the ordering and delivery of reagents, consumables, and samples for the lab.
- Responsible for training new personnel on routine lab-specific tasks and procedures and safety requirements.
- Manage high-priority projects and responsibilities critical to drive overall departmental goals.
- 10+ years biotech experience preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, workflows and systems; lead process improvements and develop new protocols and procedures as required.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with Deepcell’s instruments and workflows that apply to our commercial offerings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with a variety of people, including technical staff, commercial partners, outside suppliers, external customers, and the general public.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and a capacity to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to think and work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to train internal customers and junior personnel; is a knowledgeable resource for other team members and lab users
- Knowledge of ordering supplies and maintaining inventories of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Experience with LIMS strongly preferred
- Ph. D. in Molecular Biology or other discipline in the biotechnology/biomedical industry, or applicable military experience
- Previous customer facing experience with capacity to interact with principal investigator-level scientists as well as bioinformaticians and laboratory personnel
- Single cell laboratory experience is highly desirable
$150,000 - $195,000 a year
Salary range is dependent on experience.
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.