District Sales Manager
Interested in helping to develop and commercialize cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
We are hiring for a district sales manager to join our growing commercial team to support us in executing our sales strategy. You will be a technically-minded scientist or bioengineer who has a passion for translating use cases of Deepcell's cutting edge technology to customers and demonstrated success in winning new business with a hunter mentality.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the company’s products and capabilities to academic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical customers.
- Execute sales strategies that align to Deepcell’s overall corporate goals.
- Cultivate productive client relationships in multiple functions and across multiple levels.
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% focus on customer satisfaction, support and success.
- Develop and nurture strong, collaborative relationship with Product Management, Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
- Coordinate and conduct technical seminars.
- Develop a strong understanding of products and applications used by our customer base, as well as features and benefits of competitor products.
- Play an active role within the North American commercial team to share leads, develop opportunities, add to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Consistently and accurately lead sales processes including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking using CRM and/or other reporting tools.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires a minimum of a master’s degree in biology or related field, Ph.D. preferred.
- Strong technical background with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in a commercial setting.
- Previous sales experience selling flow cytometry related instrument products, or capital equipment in the RUO market.
- Experience working in an early stage, start-up environment.
- Awareness and curiosity around the life science marketplace, particularly of the flow cytometry and single cell analysis markets, trends and competitors.
- Strong time and organizational skills.
- Functions well in a team base sales matrix environment.
- Resilient and effective prospector.
- Confident presenter and communicator.
- Ability to uphold Deepcell’s values.
- Self-driven with strong desire to succeed.
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.