Scientific Affairs Manager / Director
Mountain View, CA /
Scientific Affairs /
The Scientific Affairs Manager/Director will be part of the Medical and Scientific Affairs (MSA) team and report to the Chief Medical Officer with a primary focus on supporting company collaborations and engagements within the research and clinical space to complete studies that will demonstrate the benefits of the company platform. This includes collaborating with our internal R&D and commercial/marketing teams to generate scientific evidence to support the platform.
- Manage research collaborations and enhance the company’s relationships with key scientific opinion leaders, academic researchers and professional communities;
- Build strong, mutually productive relationships with outside stakeholder and provide guidance to existing and/or evolving partners and collaborators
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal team members in engineering, biology, medical affairs, and marketing.
- Participate in the development of scientific studies to support pre-launch and on-market RUO and clinical products; including concept and study design, drafting and reviewing study protocols and writing study reports.
- Devise a publication plan around the scientific studies that includes scientific abstracts, posters, case reports, and manuscripts for submission to scientific congresses or peer-reviewed journals.
- Build a strong KOL network, participate in the organization and conduct of scientific advisory boards and facilitate key influencers to generate publications in reputable scientific journals to create awareness and advance company technology.
- Leverage diverse experience across various stakeholders (research and clinical laboratories, academic researchers, clinicians, and policy makers) to advance clinically relevant solutions
- Doctorate level degree (PhD) level degree in related discipline, and minimum of 3 years of related industry experience.
- Cell biology and/or molecular oncology experience is highly preferred.
- Able to converse in depth on the emerging single-cell biology space (research and clinical) and multi-omics single-cell analysis
- Has strong knowledge of NGS platforms, and other molecular methods, and their corresponding clinical and research applications.
- Experience working in various diagnostic or therapeutic areas especially oncology, is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills on scientific publications and excellent oral presentation skills. Candidates will be expected to show objective proof in the form of published articles and/or presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with KOLs in science and medicine, partners and potential customers to positively advance the organizational/brand’s strategic and tactical objectives
- Able to act independently and assume responsibility for multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment yet remain flexible in response to changing needs and competing demands.
- Able to travel up to 25% in a post-COVID world.