Lead Data Architect
Lead Data Architect
DeepFraud provides a vertical fraud detection and investigation platform for the world’s most innovative insurance companies. We’re delivering cognition and reasoning to one of the most data-rich but analytics-poor industries, and looking for people excited to join the founding team of this critically important application of deep learning and AI. Our mission is simple and audacious: Train a large-scale model to understand the world and find bad actors. The product is the world’s most sophisticated digital forensics platform. We are the first deep learning startup to get access to full claims files, so we’ve got a huge wealth of extremely rare training data.
We’re developing an AI architecture with abstract reasoning and deep comprehension abilities. We train from a very rich corpus of unstructured conversational text present throughout tens of millions of documents. The system will be fair, and it will explain its choices.
When we succeed, the insurance industry will be faster, fairer and cheaper for everyone (except the fraudsters). To save time, just think of us as a cross between hackers and superheroes building a real-life Minority Report.
We are founded by a senior Google AI expert and a Bridgewater Associates Algorithmic Investor & Stanford MBA. We’re not looking for employees. We’re looking for partners in work, partners in culture-building, and partners in the future of digital forensics.
Our investors include First Round Capital (seed investors in Uber, Square, Looker), FirstMark (Airbnb, Pinterest, Shopify) and Foundation Capital (Lending Club, CoverWallet, Netflix) and we have deep support within each of their organizations. You will also have full access to their networks and counterparts at portfolio companies for advice, ideas and community.
DeepFraud AI is seeking a Data Architect to be a key leader in design and implementation of the universal data architecture for our machine learning platform. This role will work directly with our technical founder (formerly Google) and data science team to help understand and track the flow of data. Using that understanding to design data models for are robust, flexible, encapsulated.Lead DeepFraud’s Data Architecture capabilities that help drive our growth.
Key Indicators of Success
There are lots of different people who will be successful in this role. Some key traits and experiences we think they all share are:
• Extensive experience designing schemas, data flows and data object models.
• Extensive experience Data Mining, Data Analytics (running SQL queries and generating reports) and business process design
• Experience designing Star/Snowflake Schemas
• Experience with BI Tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, PowerBI
• Experience building and deploying an Enterprise-wide Data Catalog solution
• Experience with Python / Scala is preferred, knowledge of Spark a plus
As a Data Architect, You Will:
• Design and document the data topology to meet the requirements of our machine learning pipeline
• Design the architecture and schemas for the tables and be the technical lead for architecting it to be extendable, testable, maintainable and debuggable
• Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements
• Design and build our data architecture for large scale and high performance
• Help define the overall governance of data to maintain our customers trust
• Partner with other Stakeholders to ensure data strategies enable business value
We think work should be intense, rewarding and flexible. While we have an idea of what a great benefits package looks like, we’d love to hear how to make it better, or more customized to you. We’re a well funded company and we’re able to offer competitive compensation packages and real ownership in your work. Specific compensation and equity varies with experience level.
• Flexible vacation
• Meals on us
• Full medical Insurance
• Paid Parental Leave
DeepFraud is an equal opportunity employer because we value diversity in all meanings of the word. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.