Scientist – Molecular & Cellular Biology
Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is changing the future of medicine using artificial intelligence. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry and biology. Together we are on a mission to develop an AI-powered platform for rapid discovery and development of the best oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe metabolic and neurodegenerative genetic diseases.
We need a highly motivated and talented research scientist with a strong background in molecular and cellular biology to join our experimental biology team at JLABS in Toronto. The successful candidate will lead the development of functional biological assays to advance our lead oligonucleotide drugs through preclinical phases. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience developing functional assays applicable to metabolic and/or neurodegenerative disorders.
- Develop models of metabolic and/or neurodegenerative disorders in human cell culture and/or organoid systems.
- Develop functional assays for mechanistic and molecular validation of antisense oligonucleotide therapeutics in human cell culture systems.
- Take ownership of lead candidates from internal experimental validation all the way through to IND-enabling work.
- PhD in molecular/cellular biology or related discipline with at least 3 years of postgraduate experience.
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR/Cas9, high-throughput cloning and NGS.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and/or organoids.
- Expertise in performing lentiviral procedures (optional).
- Ability to develop high-throughput protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity for a hard-working individual to gain a leading role in the future of AI-driven genetic medicine development.
- Inspiring, creative and fast-moving startup in downtown Toronto.
- Highly competitive compensation, including meaningful stock ownership.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.