Toronto, Ontario /
Founded in 2014, Deep Genomics is a drug development company that aims to revolutionize medicine by leveraging expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) and genome biology. We have built the world’s first, and by far the most advanced, AI platform that is able to untangle the enormous complexity of RNA biology and find the best targets, mechanisms, and molecules.
The thesis here at Deep Genomics is that everyone, at some point in their life, will face a genetic condition, whether Mendelian or complex, and we aim to be there for them with a genetically precise therapy. We take immense pride in our team of people whose backgrounds span a diverse range of disciplines including those found in a traditional biotechnology company, as well as machine learning, laboratory automation, and software engineering.
We are rapidly growing and are looking for key people to help us achieve our goals. We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant on the Data & Financial Systems team based at our Toronto location.
As a Senior Accountant, responsible for leading our Data & Financial Systems Team, you will play a key role in building the enterprise’s infrastructure that will enable the company to grow and efficiently meet its objectives. You will partner with other departments to understand their needs and objectives to ensure that systems and processes are designed/configured holistically, with the objectives of the company in mind. You will be reporting to the Financial Controller.
- Own the period closing process, including reviewing reconciliations, working papers and schedules
- Directly manage an Accounts Payable Clerk/Bookkeeper
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll for Canadian and US employees
- Assist with the development of the annual budget and monthly management reports, including performing variance analysis
- Assist with the implementation of new software and processes (accounting system, payroll software, procurement system, credit card program, etc.)
- Continually monitor opportunities for process improvement, design solutions and manage change across the organization
What you bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field with 3-4 years of progressive of experience gained from leading the Finance function of a small organization, while having an appreciation for the robust processes and control environment of a larger Finance team or public company
- A CPA designation
- Experience working in Life sciences industry or a science background preferred
- Experience working with an ERP or advanced accounting system
- Good understanding of accounting standards and policies
You will have:
- Strong work-ethics and can multi-task and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self-awareness and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Good communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and organization skills with ability to execute
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Experience coaching and mentoring staff
- Experience working in a well-controlled, paperless environment with integrated, cloud-based software
- A proven track record of software implementations and system integrations;
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs)
- A wide array of company-paid benefits
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside the world’s best team
- An opportunity to work alongside a bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology
Deep Genomics encourages applications from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to build the world's leading AI-driven genetic medicine company.
If you have a disability or special need, accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.