Computational Biologist – RNA-seq
Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is changing the future of medicine using artificial intelligence. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry and biology. Together we are on a mission to develop an AI-powered platform for rapid discovery and development of the best genetic medicines, focusing on oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with rare genetic diseases.
We are seeking a creative and experienced computational biologist with a strong background in bioinformatics and high-throughput sequencing assays to join our drug discovery team in Toronto. The successful candidate will design and analyze high-throughput assays to interrogate the molecular effects of antisense oligonucleotides in human cells. The ideal candidate has experience with high-throughput RNA-seq data analysis, can contribute to a growing bioinformatics and analytics pipeline, and knows the trade-offs of various library preparation and target-enrichment methods.
- Design and statistically analyze high-throughput RNA-seq experiments to uncover the direct and indirect effects of antisense oligonucleotides in model cell systems and organisms.
- Work with our experimental and machine learning teams to ensure consistent and high quality data is improving our AI platform.
- PhD in bioinformatics or related computational biology discipline, or MS with at least 3 years of postgraduate experience.
- Ability to develop high-throughput pipelines and deploy on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience collaborating with experimental biologists and software engineers.
- Programming experience in Python and/or R.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
What we offer
- Exciting opportunity for a hard-working individual to gain a leading role in the future of AI-driven genetic medicine development.
- Inspiring, creative and fast-moving startup in downtown Toronto.
- Highly competitive compensation, including meaningful stock ownership.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.