Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is changing the future of medicine using artificial intelligence. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop the best potential oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe metabolic and neurodegenerative genetic diseases.
We are looking for an extremely organized, highly motivated and hard-working research technician with extensive molecular biology laboratory experience. You will be responsible for both day-to-day laboratory operations and applying technical knowledge and skills to perform experiments. You will experimentally validate genome-based therapeutics in cell culture systems and animal models. In addition you will help design, execute, and troubleshoot novel high-throughput experiments to improve our computational platform.
- At least 1-3 years of laboratory experience in Molecular/Cellular biology, Biochemistry, Genomics or related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practice of molecular and cellular laboratory procedures, protocols, instruments and equipment that is used in DNA, RNA, and protein research on human and animal cells/tissues.
- Ability to follow, develop, and maintain detailed standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of applicable laboratory and institutional policies, guidelines, and practices.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills – able to use time effectively and efficiently and work effectively and accurately under stressful conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity for a hard-working individual to gain an important role in developing the future of genetic medicine.
- Inspiring, creative and fast-moving startup company in downtown Toronto.
- Competitive compensation package.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.