Scientist - Computational Biology
Toronto, Ontario /
Computational Biology /
Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
We are seeking a creative and talented computational biologist with an interest in using machine learning, large datasets and automation to revolutionize drug development. You will work regularly with and learn from our multilingual team of machine learning scientists, software engineers, computational biologists, molecular geneticists, and wet-lab scientists to help design oligonucleotide therapies for Mendelian disorders. The ideal candidate will provide computational biology expertise, aid the design of wet-lab experiments, and develop fast and accurate predictive workflows to support target validation and preclinical proof-of-concept for our oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- PhD in a quantitative discipline e.g. Computational Biology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or Physics. Post-graduate experience (postdoc or industry) is preferred but not required.
- Extensive experience with the development of novel algorithms/analysis pipelines for integrative analysis of genomics or other biological datasets.
- Ability to design experiments, formulate hypotheses based on data, uncover causal mechanisms, and visualize data.
- Working knowledge in machine learning modelling (e.g. neural networks, Bayesian methods, random forests, clustering).
- Experience in Python, R, and/or C/C++.
- Superlative organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- A flexible attitude to job roles as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed. The ideal candidate will take full ownership of their core responsibilities, and will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company.
- Comfort working with limited supervision in a fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth.
- A bright, collegial, highly-motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.