Pharmacology Curation Scientist
Target Discovery /
Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company, with additional locations in Boston MA, that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
About the role
As a Pharmacology Curation Scientist, you will be a part of the target identification team and will report to the Curation Team Lead. You will also have the opportunity to work with bioinformaticians to process structured data from existing databases (e.g. DrugBank), as well as to license commercial text mining software or to develop it in collaboration with the machine learning and software development teams.
If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, let's work together!
What you'll do?
- Lead the effort to identify well-characterized, clinically meaningful, and validated target genes that have proven difficult to drug via traditional approaches or for which approved drugs present major issues in terms of efficacy and/or adverse effects.
- Work with bioinformaticians to process structured data from existing databases (e.g. DrugBank).
- Help develop and license commercial text mining software in collaboration with other teams
What do you bring?
- PhD in pharmacology or related fields
- Deep understanding of pharmacology, drug mechanism of action and disease biology
- Familiarity with clinical trials
- Foundational knowledge of genetics, biochemistry and molecular biology
Nice to have :
- Industry experience for target identification or drug discovery
- Conceptual understanding of data analysis and machine learning
What we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs).
- A wide array of company-paid benefits.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside the world’s best team.
- An opportunity to work alongside a bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics encourages applications from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to build the world's leading AI-driven genetic medicine company.
If you have a disability or special need, accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.