Full Stack Engineer
Deepgram is looking for a user-focused Full Stack engineer to lead the design and implementation of Deepgram’s internal and external-facing products. You will design products ranging from our speech platform GUI, to internal labeling tools, to experimental games and tools powered by the latest deep learning technologies and implement secure, robust, and scalable customer-facing services. Your skill at building highly reusable code that overcomes technical challenges is paired with an intuition for delightful user experiences. You will be a critical voice in Deepgram’s Product and Engineering teams, driving high impact products from start to finish.
- Design products ranging from our speech recognition API, to internal labeling tools, to experimental games and tools powered by the latest deep learning technologies
- Implement secure, robust, and scalable customer-facing services
- Draw inspiration from users to identify and implement new product features.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with designers, sales, product, and marketing teams to review and improve product experiences.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Enjoy being a generalist — working on both the frontend, backend, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers.
- Deep experience with modern frontend frameworks and tooling.
- Expert proficiency in one or more front-end languages/frameworks (preferably Rust+WASM, Vue, or Elm).
- Expert proficiency in a systems language, such as C, C++, or Rust (preferably Rust), with competence in Python.
- Strong UX sensibilities and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- A thoughtful approach to decision making. You know when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You thrive on a faced-paced, impact-driven environment where learning new skills on-the-fly is encouraged.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when remote. Ability to work well with any role in organization.
- Proficiency in version control (preferably git).
- Proficiency with UNIX-style systems.
- Proficiency working on remote systems.
Deepgram’s end-to-end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $37 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. We believe every voice should be heard—and understood—from our transcriptions to our customers to our employees. Come join our revolution to unlock the power of voice technology for everyone. We want to hear what you’ve got to say. deepgram.com/careers.