BI Analytics Engineer III
Mission Support Practice /
Definitive Logic is seeking a BI Analytics Engineer to join our team. This opportunity is contingent upon award.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop architecture design for reports, analytics, and dashboards for data captured from various data collection technologies to allow stakeholders to view
· Develop implementation plan for the technology to deploy to collect data and metrics
· Deploy sandbox technology infrastructure as needed to gather data for the dashboard
· Leads or mentors lower-level engineers
· Ownership of full lifecycle of services/solution delivery for BI/analytics projects
· Collaborates with stakeholders in order to develop solutions to analytical problems and potential problems.
· Lead customer meetings to understand, document, and prioritize data and BI/analytics requirements
· Configures analytics tools, develops the semantic layer and metadata, and creates reports and report definitions
· Designs QA programs for BI deliverables
· Creates test criteria and datasets for BI deliverables
· Tests reports using various databases, analyses, programs, and scripts.
· Troubleshoots bugs/issues with existing BI solutions
· Modifies existing analytic solutions, BI reports and dashboards
· Provides end user support for production BI solutions
· Documents standards, policies, and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of BI reports and dashboards
· Contributes to best practices and developer resources
· Designs curriculum, documentation and help desk capabilities for coaching end users in the use of BI/analytics solutions to enhance decision-making.
· Leads or mentors lower-level engineers
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience with BI tools/technologies
- 1+ years of experience with SQL programming and data modeling
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, or Business
- 1+ Years experience in Microstrategy
About Definitive Logic
Definitive Logic (DL) is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges. DL delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture have consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2023 Washington Post Top Workplaces (8-time winner) | 2023 Virginia Best Places to Work (10 years running, #1 midsize in 2019).
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Recruiting@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-955-4186. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.
Life/AD&D: Company paid
Supplemental Plans: TriCare Supplement, Pet Insurance through Nationwide, Legal Resources and hospital/accidental indemnity plans and Wellness initiatives.
Competitive Base Salary
Annual performance based bonus
401(k) & Roth option: You are fully (100%) vested on day 1 and DL matches up to 5%
Flexible Time Off (FTO): Under our FTO plan, there is no cap in the amount of leave you choose to take, with proper coordination and prior approval.
Volunteer Hours: DL allocates up to 8 hours for you to use every year to volunteer for a 501c3 organization of your choice and DL will donate to that charity based on how many hours you volunteer.
Cell Phone Reimbursement: $80/month
Location Specific Metro/Parking
Training & Certifications