Quality Assurance Tester
Mission Support Practice /
Definitive Logic is seeking an experienced Mid–Level Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team. T
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly test our newest client solution for functionality, reliability, and user experience, ensuring it runs intuitively and smoothly.
- You’ll develop and implement a test plan based on requirements, functional specifications, and design specifications.
- Using software quality assurance, you’ll generate problem resolutions and track quality assurance standards to see how the system performs, then document the results and communicate defects to the development team so they can start improving the tool. You’ll share your expertise in various types of testing, including manual, automation, performance, accessibility, usability, user acceptance testing, and testing process improvement.
- This is an opportunity to expand your skills in documenting and solving system deficiencies as well as leading and mentoring others, estimating testing efforts, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with leading quality assurance teams.
- 3+ years of experience with integration testing APIs & Rest Services
- Experience with developing automated test scripts and plans.
- Experience with working in an Agile environment and DevSecOps processes.
- Knowledge of coding with automated testing frameworks, tools, and services.
- Knowledge of applying QA methodology in Agile or Scrum environments.
- Track work using a ticket/issue system (e.g., Jira).
- Ability to work with different teams across organizations to present and communicate analytical findings on an independent basis.
- Experience with testing large-scale software applications in a fast-paced agile environment is required.
- Experience with testing Microsoft Power Applications and Power Automate.
- Experience with Section 508 Compliance standards and testing tools.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of HTTP, Web fundamentals, and browsers.
- Ability to deliver high-quality software by breaking things.
About Definitive Logic
Definitive Logic (DL) is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges. DL delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture have consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2023 Washington Post Top Workplaces (8-time winner) | 2023 Virginia Best Places to Work (10 years running, #1 midsize in 2019).
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Recruiting@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-955-4186. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.
Life/AD&D: Company paid
Supplemental Plans: TriCare Supplement, Pet Insurance through Nationwide, Legal Resources and hospital/accidental indemnity plans and Wellness initiatives.
Competitive Base Salary
Annual performance based bonus
401(k) & Roth option: You are fully (100%) vested on day 1 and DL matches up to 5%
Flexible Time Off (FTO): Under our FTO plan, there is no cap in the amount of leave you choose to take, with proper coordination and prior approval.
Volunteer Hours: DL allocates up to 8 hours for you to use every year to volunteer for a 501c3 organization of your choice and DL will donate to that charity based on how many hours you volunteer.
Cell Phone Reimbursement: $80/month
Location Specific Metro/Parking
Training & Certifications